The embed as a feature has stagnated over the past few years, with very few improvements and long-lasting bugs. Why not replace them with something that gives us much more control and flexibility?
- Open standard and open source
- Easier to create bots that are platform agnostic (WebEx Teams and Skype already support Adaptive Cards)
- Includes many features that devs have been asking for out of the box (e.g. expanding cards, buttons/actions, input fields, image galleries, etc)
- Gives developers more control over presentation and UX, a win for both devs and end users
- Supports templating (in the newest version)
- Preview responses at development time without having to test them in Discord
- Can be implemented alongside embeds until they are ready to be deprecated
- Allows the Discord dev team to focus on more important things than improving embeds
Log ind for at efterlade en kommentar.