Issues in Transparency
Unfortunately, and currently, Discord's ToS and Guidelines neglects to list one of their important regulations when it comes to Underage (Minor) Dating Servers existing on their platform. At this moment, the only way to even find out about this disallowance for this practice is through looking all the report options on their site, and this method leaves many ways to develop misunderstandings or issues between users and so on.
What This Means and More
While this may seem like a small detail, with how users of multiple platforms often time do not even bother with reading over the Guidelines for a service, it shouldn't be the user's responsibility to have to go on a treasure hunt to find what all is against the ToS. Transparency is key. Users should be able to read over the Guidelines and ToS and understand what should and shouldn't be allowed. The issue it creates reads as follows:
- Increased production of these servers.
- Decreased reports of these servers.
- Misunderstandings between users and server owners.
- Increased probability of endangerment of minors (from numbers).
- Miscommunication between users and the platform.
- Increased issues in the understandings of what to moderate.
- No way to site which guidelines for punishment.
In my previous experiences on this platform, it is only when the server owner's community is directly contacted about deletion by Discord Trust and Safety do they finally even begin to believe that their actions violate any kind of rule (and even then they just use a grace period to transfer members to a backup).
One step into the right direction is to update the ToS/Guidelines.
Log ind for at efterlade en kommentar.