If Discord detects suspicious account behavior on your account, we may place your account in quarantine.
If your account is in quarantine, you will not be able to join new servers or initiate new direct messages. Placing accounts with suspicious behavior in quarantine helps us maintain a high-quality experience for everyone on the platform.
How do I know I’ve been placed in Quarantine?
You will see a red bar at the top of your Discord client that says: ‘Your account is quarantined. You can’t join new servers or start new DMs.’
While you are in quarantine, you will not be able to dismiss this notice.
In Quarantine, you can:
- Message your existing friends
- Send outgoing friend requests
- Direct message newly added friends made in quarantine
- Join new servers
When attempting to join new servers, you will see this notification:
When attempting to message newly added friends made in quarantine, you will see this notification instead of the chatbox:
How You’ll Appear to Others when in Quarantine
You will appear normally to others in all cases.
Getting out of Quarantine
You can appeal quarantine by submitting a ticket using one of the following methods:
- Clicking on the ‘Appeal Quarantine’ button at the top of your Discord client
- Clicking on the ‘appeal your quarantine’ link in the Quarantine notification that appears when you try to join a new server
- Submit a ticket here.