The Partner Program rewards well-moderated and engaged servers with recognition and extra tools to help them invest in their community. Accepted servers receive a wealth of additional perks and benefits, which you can check out here.
Anyone who applies for the Discord Partner Program must adhere to the following documentation. Read them thoroughly, or give yourself a refresher if you’ve read them before!
Unlocking the Partner Application Page
Before being able to submit a Partner application, you’ll need to hit our server engagement prerequisites. Servers looking to apply for the Partner Program must be marked as a “Community” server in Server Settings, which will allow you to access Server Insights.
Server Insights will be able to give you a look at exactly how close you are to applying to the Discord Partner Program. You can track your progress towards unlocking the Partner Program application at any time within Server Insights and the in-app Partner page shown below:
Once you’ve got access to this page, below are the server requirements you will also have to reach:
- Your server must be at least 8 weeks old. Give your community time to grow and flourish before applying.
- Have at least 500 members on your server. This is required for Server Insights to track your progress towards applying to the partner Program.
- Have at least 50 communicators (people who actively talk) per week. This means that in your server, at least 50 unique people should be regularly engaging in your community, such as posting a message. They can be a different set of 50 people per week.
- Have at least 100 participators (people who at least visit/view your server) per week. This includes actions such as viewing, reading, posting messages and reacting to posts. If people are at least checking your server out regularly, whether or not they actually post a message, they will be counted here.
- Having at least a 20% Week 1 Retention over a 8 week period. Enforced only for servers that are actively growing, this requirement means that at least ⅕ of new members stay on your server for at least a week.
- This does not include users who join and immediately leave, and you’ll never be negatively impacted by being featured on Server Discovery
- Have 2FA Requirement for Server Moderation" enabled. This can only be enabled by the server owner. You'll find this in Server Settings > Moderation.
Submitting an Application
In addition to the requirements mentioned above, the Partner Program application will ask for the following information:
- What is your Discord about? Let us know the Topic that covers it. These are the same categories as you’ll see when joining Server Discovery.
- Which Discord Type is your community? You can specify that you’re a creator or public figure, a fan community, a business/brand or you represent a piece of Open Source software. If you don’t fit into any of these categories, that’s totally fine! Just hit “Other” and we’ll figure it out from there.
- Some basic information about you, the Server Owner. This includes your legal name, your country of residence and primary language. If you would like to link a website, now’s the time to do that too.
- A few open-ended questions about why your community should be Partnered. You've hit the numbers – now you've gotta show us why you think your community is awesome.
- Be sure to connect some social media accounts. If you have a Twitter, YouTube, Reddit, Twitch, Soundcloud or GitHub, you can link them here. Connect anything that’s related to your community. For example, content creators may want to link a YouTube, while Reddit communities should link a Reddit account.
You’ve already done the hard work by reaching our server engagement requirements – just tell us who you are and we’ll review your application as soon as possible.
If you have any questions about your application, or about the Partner Program in general, feel free to reach out to us at the Community Program support form.