What is Remix?
While chatting with your friends on Discord, you are bound to run into various images worthy of memeifying! With the Remix feature on Discord, you can now quickly and easily edit an existing image with your choice of text, drawings, emoji, and stickers.
Note: Remix is currently in Beta and launching first in early access for Nitro members across iOS and Android. The Remix Beta is only available in the following languages: EN, IT, FR, DE, PT and ES. Stay tuned as we plan to expand into more languages soon!
What this article covers:
- What is Remix?
- How do I remix an image?
- Remix Tools
- How do I share my remix?
- Frequently Asked Questions
HOW DO I REMIX AN IMAGE?
To start remixing, head into your media gallery, direct message, group message, or text-channel to find a photo you would like to remix.
1. If you would like to choose an image to remix via your media gallery, you can start by opening your media gallery within the text bar.
2. Then, select an image or file you would like to edit.
3. Once the image is attached to your message, long-press the file to open the menu and tap Remix.
Direct Message, Group Message, or Text-Channel
1. To remix an image via direct message, group message, or a text-channel, tap on the photo you would like to edit. If there are multiple photos attached within the message, you can choose which photo you would like to remix within the media viewer.
2. After selecting the photo you would like to use, tap the Remix button in the upper right corner. Now let’s get remixing!
Cropping and Adjusting
1. To crop and adjust an image, tap on the crop tool within the Remix toolbar to get started.
2. After you have selected the crop tool, you will be able to adjust the dimensions by choosing an option from the list or by manually adjusting the size. To manually adjust an image, place two fingers on the screen and move them apart to zoom in and out.
3. If you would like to move the image, place two fingers on the screen to drag. Once the image is to your liking, simply lift both fingers.
1. To begin drawing, select the draw tool within the Remix toolbar. Once you have selected the draw tool, you should have access to the color slider.
2. Then, choose a color from the color slider by tapping the color you would like to use.
When choosing a color, swipe left-to-right to see the various color sets available. You can also adjust the brush size by sliding the size slider located on the left side. Just slide up or down to change the brush size from small to large.
3. After you have finished drawing, select Done in the upper right-hand corner to confirm your drawings.
1. To start writing, tap on the text tool located within the Remix toolbar.
2. Once the text box has appeared, you can begin typing and select the text color you would like to use via the color slider.
3. After you have finished typing, tap the screen to exit the text view.
You can also adjust the size of the text by placing two fingers on the screen and moving them apart to reduce or enlarge.
Additionally, the position can be changed by holding-down and dragging, or by placing two fingers and rotating.
1. If you would like to add an emoji or a sticker to the photo, tap on the stamp tool within the Remix toolbar to get started.
2. Once the emoji picker is visible, select an emoji or sticker you would like to use.
You can move emojis and stickers by dragging it or by placing two fingers on the screen to rotate. The size can also be adjusted by placing two fingers and moving them apart to reduce or enlarge.
Note: Animated emojis or stickers will become static.
While creating, you can use the undo option located above to reverse the previous action you have just taken.
HOW DO I SHARE MY REMIX?
Once your remix is complete, you can share it directly within Discord by selecting Send in the upper right-hand corner.
This will post your remix within the text-channel for all your friends to enjoy.
To save the image, select the save image button. This will save the image within your device’s photo gallery, so you can share the remix anywhere you’d like.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are there any restrictions on what kind of Remixes I can share?
A: Like other spaces on Discord, content you create and share needs to abide by our Community Guidelines.
Q: I'm a Nitro subscriber, but why don’t I see the remix option?
A: The Remix Beta is only available in the following languages: EN, IT, FR, DE, PT and ES. If your app is set to one of those languages and you still don’t see the Remix button, please be sure to check if your mobile app is up to date. The Discord mobile app may need to take a few days for the update to be rolled out.