Packs will be deactivated in the near future. On November 20, 2023, Non-Nitro users will no longer be able to collect or use a free pack.
Thank you for your support & feedback - we are constantly working on bringing you new features and experiences!
Have you ever wondered how to get that same awesome cat emoji your friend posted five seconds ago? With packs, you can press any emoji and add all the cat emojis within the pack to your emoji picker!
What this article covers:
What are Packs?
A pack is a set of emojis that can be shared across Discord. Packs are automatically created for each server, and will contain that server’s set of custom emojis.
Unless a server makes their pack private, non-server members will now be able to join in on the fun and access their emoji content! To learn how to add emoji to your server, you can find out more here.
This feature is currently in beta and only available on Desktop to a limited number of communities!
How to Add a Pack
There are many emojis to choose from as you venture into Discord!
1. To get started, select any emoji within a posted message.
2. Once you press on an emoji, you will be able to see a preview showing other emojis and the server they are from.
3. If you’d like to add the emoji pack, you can press Add Pack within the preview.
With a Nitro or Nitro Basic subscription, you can add up to 100 packs! If you are not subscribed to Nitro or Nitro Basic, you will be able to add up to 1 pack for free. If you’d like to learn more about our subscription perks, you can find out more here.
How to Manage your Server’s Pack
Note: The pack sharing setting is enabled by default for discoverable servers.
To manage your pack settings, you will need to be the owner of the server or have the Manage Server permission enabled.
1. To get started, head into your Server Settings by selecting the drop-down menu located next to the server name.
2. Once redirected, press the Emoji tab.
3. Then, toggle the Allow anyone to add and use this server’s emoji setting to enable or disable it. If enabled, this setting allows your custom emojis to become visible in previews across Discord. You can also see how many have added your server’s emojis!
If you’d like to stop sharing your custom emojis, you can disable this setting at any time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Who can use my pack?
A: Anyone on Discord will be able to add your pack and use the emojis if you have chosen to enable the setting.
Q: Are there any rules around what type of emoji can be shared in a pack?
Q: I don’t want my pack to show the name of my server. How can I hide this?
A: If you collect a pack from a private server, the pack will only display the name of the emoji you first selected within that pack. If you collect a pack from a public server, the name of the pack will be the same name as the server.
Example Image of Private Server Pack
Collecting :tooSpicy: as the first emoji results in tooSpicy as the name of the pack.