- This is an experiment at this time, and not everyone has access to this option in their app! Stay tuned for more details in the future though!
- Additionally, in-app refunds are not available on mobile at this time.
We're experimenting with a way for people to be able to request refunds within the browser or desktop version of the Discord app as long as your purchase meets our refund policy.
How do I request a refund through the app?
1. If you are a part of the experiment, first log into your Discord account on the browser or desktop version of our app!
2. Then make sure to completely refresh and restart your browser or desktop app!
3. Once you have refreshed and restarted your app, then you can access in-app refunds in User Settings > Billing.
- If you have cancelled the subscription, try un-cancelling the subscription and then refresh your app to see if that helps!
- Additionally, if you're not seeing the refund button, try clicking on the arrow symbol in order to open the purchase details (as shown below)!
4. Below "Issues with your purchase?", you will see a "Refund" button.
- ✅ If a purchase is eligible for a refund, the "Refund" button will look like so:
- ⛔️ If a purchase is not eligible for a refund, the "Refund" button will be grayed out and you will see why we cannot refund that purchase:
5. Once you click the "Refund" button, you will see a modal prompting you to "Select a reason for the refund" and text informing you of our refund policy.
6. You will have to click on the dropdown menu and select a reason. Possible reasons include:
- Bought a gift I didn’t use
- Changed my mind
- Bought it by mistake
- Forgot to cancel
- Had a problem using Boosts
- Wasn’t what I expected
- Want to switch Nitro plans
- Don’t need it anymore
- Something else
7. Lastly, press "Submit" to confirm your refund request
How Do I Know if My Refund was Successful?
If the refund is successfully processed, the modal will close, sending you back to the Billing tab and the purchase refunded will have a green tag that says "REFUNDED".
What if I see an Error?
If there is an error and the refund is not successfully processed, a "Something went wrong" message will appear and you will need to contact our support team for further assistance.