What does this article cover?
- What is Know What I Meme?
How to Play
- Know What I Meme Frequently Asked Questions
What is Know What I Meme?
Know What I Meme is a social party game of GIFs, memes, and good times! Select a text setup for the meme, browse to find the perfect GIF response, then everyone votes on which was their favorite. Earn points to prove just how funny you are. Up to 9 players can play but anyone can watch the fun!
How to Play
Step 1: Join the game!
- Join as a player or spectate if you prefer to watch the fun.
- (Optional) Add bots to the game and start!
Step 2: Vote for a prompt!
- The group votes on a meme prompt to use for the round.
- Pick what will be funny when paired with a GIF!
Step 3: Search for a GIF!
- Search through Tenor for the best GIF you can find that goes with the meme prompt.
Step 4: Show off the memes!
- Take turns being the one to reveal the memes that everyone created.
- "Auto-play" will automatically through memes and do a voice over. "Present" means 1 person clicks through at their own pace.
Step 5: Vote for a round winner!
- Vote on your favorite and funniest prompt and GIF combination (sorry, you can't vote for yourself!).
- Reveal the winning meme of the round
Step 6: See winners from all rounds!
- After all rounds are done, see who scored big and made the best memes!
What GIFs Can Be Used in the Game?
Know What I Meme has a built-in GIF integration that you can search from inside the game.
To provide an enjoyable experience for the widest range of Discord users, we may use certain content filters so some GIFs may not appear in the search results.
How to Start Know What I Meme game?
Note: Before starting any Discord activity, please make sure to turn on Hardware Acceleration in User Settings > Advanced.
To start a Know What I Meme game, follow these steps below!
- Join a voice channel
- Once joined, you should see the Activity Launcher (it looks like a rocket ship) in the voice channel controls.
- Click the Activity Launcher to open the Activity Shelf
- Then select "Know What I Meme"
Once you've authorized Know What I Meme to access your account, you can begin playing with anyone on the server.
Note: Know What I Meme is a game for 1-9 players and bots. However, more members can join the activity as spectators and take part in subsequent games.
Know What I Meme Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why is Discord adding games into voice channels?
A: We started Discord because we are all about bringing people together around gaming. As Discord has grown, we've seen more and more people use Discord to come together around games. For instance, we’ve seen people use Discord to not only play League but also to hang out and play more casual, social games with friends like Jackbox and Among Us.
Q: Is there an age requirement?
A: There is no age requirement for Know What I Meme.
Q: How do I play?
A: To start a game, first join one of the voice channels. Once there, you should see the Activity Launcher (it looks like a rocket ship) in the voice channel controls. Click the Activity Launcher to open the Activity Shelf, and then select "Know What I Meme".
Q: How do I view my data for Discord-developed Activities? What data is accessed? What happens to the accessed user data?
A: You can view data for Discord-developed Activities like Checkers in the Park through the Discord Privacy and Safety settings. To enhance the gameplay experience, Discord Activities access and temporarily store the following user data once a user joins the Activity:
- Discord ID
For Activities played in a single session, user data is stored so long as the Activity remains active, even if the user leaves the Activity. Once all users leave the Activity and it is determined the Activity has ended, the user data is deleted and no longer retained.
For Activities that can be played across multiple sessions (like with Chess in the Park or Checkers in the Park), the user data above is retained.
Note: Deleting your data will remove all of your progression across these Discord-developed activities.
Q: Where can I report bugs and problems with the game?
A: You'll be able to submit a bug report by going to https://dis.gd/bugreport
For instructions on how bug reports should be submitted, please see our Help Center article: https://dis.gd/bugs
Q: My question isn't listed, what do I do?
If all is lost, please submit a ticket to our support team at https://dis.gd/contact