Essentially, a channel with no chat functionality, just editable text, with more markdown features, maybe a WYSIWYG editor. Should have more than the message character limit of 2000 (4000 with Nitro) to write in.
This would be good for rules/info channels where the only use they have is to communicate information. These channels don't need messaging features (maybe reactions should be kept in somehow?), they just need to have information on them.
These channels would also be editable by anyone with permissions for them, solving the other issue these channels have: Only the message author can edit.
You should be able to mention roles/users without pinging them in these channels as well. This is functionality already implemented on the API (bots can do this).
What Markdown features?
- For starters, hyperlinks. There's a pretty popular request for hyperlinks -- bots can post links like this already.
- Headings. Not necessarily h1-h6, but I'm sure anyone who's written a rules channel has wished for a way to write text larger than the regular font size.
- Horizontal rules
- Asking for Headings - "Add Markdown for Heading"
- Asking for Hyperlinks - "Hyperlink Markdown"
- Asking for channels editable by multiple people - "Discord Wiki Channel"
- Asking for Images - "Markdown images"
- Asking for a way to mention without pinging - "[Suggestion] Mentioning without pinging"
- Asking for headings, lists, tables - "Feature Request: Advanced markdown (tables, lists, headers and more.)". Tables would also be nice to have.
Please sign in to leave a comment.