Let us actually control the Activity section a bit, so we aren't bombarded with stuff we don't care about and can easily locate what we are interested in.
- Let users follow users and games
- Let users dictate who can follow them (friends, server-mates, anyone)
- Add a second Pin option, this time being Pin To Profile, allowing users to save posts they particularly like straight to their profile, sharing it with any of their followers
- Users can post comments and emote reactions on other's profiles
- Privacy options for who can post comments and emote reactions on your profile
- Let server admins mark a channel as an official Announcements Channel
- Let users follow specific Announcement Channels too
- Allow users to post small status updates directly to their profile, and those that follow them to add emote reactions
- Have all of this stuff curate into the Activity Section
Discord can still give us recommendations for games and what not to follow, maybe also popular streamers, people we share a server with who have a lot of followers, etc. But this way we get control over our Activity Feeds and they become a really solid hub for information. Right now they're just kinda cluttered with info I for one don't feel I need. Now though, Discord as a whole becomes a much better place to stay up to date and connected with friends, people such as streamers we care about following, and servers for a collection of all the recent Announcements from our various servers.
Plus this way users are encouraged to check out each other's profiles which can lend it's hand to tons of new future features, and plenty of Nitro Enabled ones at that. For example, allow Nitro users to have their own personal emote list of say, 10, which they can use anywhere, people can use to react to their profile posts, and anyone can use in a server said creator is the owner of.
Maybe allow the Overlay to take screenshots and then you can post them straight to your profile. Maybe that's only for Nitro users, or maybe that's for everyone, but Nitro users can also take short 30 second game clips or something. there are tons of options here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.