Please allow us to enter in an ID to ban someone in the ban section without that ID having to be in that server. This would help people joining and leaving before you are able to ban them. Currently if someone you want to ban leaves, you cannot ban them until they join again.
TLDR: (Please read because I will be maintaining the original post above without any edits)
1. Confirmed by discord API staff that a user cannot be banned UNLESS cached by the server, which means banning someone BEFORE entering server does not work, even with bots. This DOES work if the user is CACHED to the server or has left but has once been in the server at one point.
2. This is a CLIENT REQUEST and has absolutely nothing to do with bots.
3. Most disagreements in this post have to do with off topic subjects containing bots or banning users AFTER they join and have left the server.
4. A solution to this is creating a blacklist of users that get kicked/banned once a bot checks to see if their ID is in the database of users currently blacklisted. There is no way to pre-ban users in the CLIENT.
5. "Currently if someone you want to ban leaves, you cannot ban them until they join again." This refers to uncached users that you may have seen go by <@invalid-user>
Please sign in to leave a comment.