Users should be able to mark their own accounts as underage or as NSFW.
The same account may not be tagged as both.
- Marked accounts have a relevant emoji overlaying the top-left of the PFP, positioned outside of the circular crop so as not to look like part of the image. This appears on all instances the PFP is printed to screen, such as next to "Cozy" chat messages or when viewing profiles
- In "Compact" chat messages, this emoji displays just to the left of the message date. This is so that it is not mistaken for part of the account name
- An "underage" account will display the 🐤 emoji in this location. All NSFW channels on any server will automatically be muted and hidden to a 🐤 account
- A "NSFW" account will display the 🔞 emoji in this location. 🔞 accounts have no hard-coded restrictions
- DMs that include 🐤 accounts automatically have the strictest "robo-hamster" image scanning applied to any image sent by any user
- 🐤 allows underage users to passively note they are underage without having to be asked or to awkwardly announce it. Thus, 🔞 users can voluntarily avoid engaging them. 🐤 users are also automatically barred from NSFW channels and protected from unsafe imagery in DMs
- 🔞 allows users to passively clarify that this account is generally not suitable for 🐤 users. Thus, 🐤 users can voluntarily avoid engaging them
- Protection is not strictly reliant upon marking 🔞, as it is expected that predators will not mark their accounts as 🔞 while pursuing underage users
Please sign in to leave a comment.