We all hate nitro snipers - I have some ideas!
SO, we all hate nitro snipers, Maybe look into some of these ideas.
1. Captchas, the link for nitro will not be the code, but instead bring you to a captcha, once the captcha is completed, a code is generated by discord servers and sent to whoever solved the captcha first
2. IP Tracking. Most nitro snipers don't use their own IP for the actual collection. so log the IP of the device that actually clicked the link to claim nitro, and log the IP of the account it was applied to. if they don't match, probably a bot.
3. Show what account the nitro was applied to once claimed, destroying the owners anonymity.
4. rebuild the discord API to not use tokens. - nvm this is stupid this one
5. log users that claim abnormal amounts of nitro
6. if nitro is applied to an account that is not in the server where the nitro was sniped, probably an alt self bot
7. add a random delay window of something under 1 second where the nitro is unable to be claimed, meaning bots would fail on first try, and humans can't respond as fast so it will not be a problem for them.
8. log the time taken to claim the nitro. if it's instant, your looking at a bot.
9. Add a warning before allowing users to drop nitro links in servers, advising to do it in DMs to protect against snipers
Some of these may be difficult or impossible - I'm not a dev. however, I recommend implementing several to improve detection and reduce false positives
The number 9. I like that0
alternatively don't send nitro in servers or groupdms, if you want to send someone nitro, sent it to them in a dm0
While this may make a lot of sense to prevent nitro sniping, a simple way of avoiding nitro being stolen is just sending the gift link straight to the person who is supposed to receive it via DMs. You shouldn't really be sending Nitro gifts in servers, and instead do as written above.0
do you mean when you send a gift in a server or when a bot randomly finds the link to it by checking every nitro gift link1
Suggestions 1, 7, and 8 are quite good and are likely to prevent many snipes, but it still persists that the best way is to DM the user you want to send the gift to, not to send it in a server with many users.0
I personally would not do #1, as of captcha solvers.. and then there are ip spoofers so I wouldn’t do #2 also.0
Even if the best way to avoid being striped off of your Nitro is to send it to someone in DMs, some security measures should STILL be in place, and it's unbelievable that they are not. However, this is sadly unlikely to happen due to the way Discord became. Yet another greedy company, only looking for your money.0
Please sign in to leave a comment.