SO, we all hate nitro snipers, Maybe look into some of these ideas.
1. Captchas, the link for nitro will not be the code, but instead bring you to a captcha, once the captcha is completed, a code is generated by discord servers and sent to whoever solved the captcha first
2. IP Tracking. Most nitro snipers don't use their own IP for the actual collection. so log the IP of the device that actually clicked the link to claim nitro, and log the IP of the account it was applied to. if they don't match, probably a bot.
3. Show what account the nitro was applied to once claimed, destroying the owners anonymity.
4. rebuild the discord API to not use tokens. - nvm this is stupid this one
5. log users that claim abnormal amounts of nitro
6. if nitro is applied to an account that is not in the server where the nitro was sniped, probably an alt self bot
7. add a random delay window of something under 1 second where the nitro is unable to be claimed, meaning bots would fail on first try, and humans can't respond as fast so it will not be a problem for them.
8. log the time taken to claim the nitro. if it's instant, your looking at a bot.
9. Add a warning before allowing users to drop nitro links in servers, advising to do it in DMs to protect against snipers
Some of these may be difficult or impossible - I'm not a dev. however, I recommend implementing several to improve detection and reduce false positives
Please sign in to leave a comment.