Okay, so this might be a little crazy but hear me out.
We've all seen Server Discovery, right? Easy way to find new discord games or communities you may be interested in. The problem is this only applies to servers that are verified, and hence not many people use it nowadays. So what if we renovate it so that Discord Servers of all kind can be shown? Here's my idea for the process:
- Create and verify your Discord account.
- Create and setup your Discord server.
- When that's done, go into Server Settings, and click on the new tab "Server Discovery"
- Here the process will be similar to publishing a game on Discord. You agree to a ToS that basically says "abusing this will result in account/server termination" blah blah blah and click the Continue button.
- Enter in some basic details such as your server description, and hit the Continue button again.
- Here you review the information you entered and examples of what it will look like. This is also where the "Submit for review" button would be. You're also warned that while your server is public, you can't change any details without going under review again. Click "Submit for review" and wait to be approved/denied.
And boom, you got a public server! This doesn't grant you any special perks, but if you believe you have a truly good server then the chances are that you'll get more members and possibly even be featured! Speaking of which, let's talk about what the new menu would look like.
- It would be like a hybrid between the current menu and the Nitro Games catalog, with a search bar at the top and several categories at the bottom.
- Right under the search bar, there would be a list of Featured Servers or Staff Picks.
- There would be categories for Popular Servers, New Servers, and more.
But all of this is just a concept, and if Discord was worried about overflowing some categories, then this feature could possibly be a new Nitro Boosting feature. Again, all of this is just a concept.
This took a long time to think up, so I hope you liked it! Thanks for reading!
Please sign in to leave a comment.