This is by far the worst update discord has ever released, at least since 2017 when I started using it.
It doesn't even feel like I'm using discord. Its like another program took the whole thing over.
* The spacing between messages is just awful, its makes everything so much harder to read comfortably. I think it was perfect how it used to be.
* The "New Message" line that appears when you see unread messages for the first time might be the least bad part of this update - its something i could easily get used to - but its still so ugly.
* The highlighting and all the options when you hover over a line of text is just too much. Again it was so much better before. That being said, I like the idea of having one or two highly used emojis ready to be sent but it could have been implemented much better.
* The spacing between your last message and the bar you type in feels completely off. I can't figure out exactly why but that also needs to be put back to normal.
* I personally don't mind the removal of the activity tab, but I know most people have problems with it because of how much they used it. So I believe that should also be reverted.
* Pings also are not horrible, its something I could probably get used to like the new message line. But also like that line its much worse than it used to be
I've loved discord since I first started using it and I am constantly on it. But this visual update makes me genuinely consider using another platform until these issues are fixed. It doesn't even need to be completely removed, but at the very least make UI changes optional or have the ability to use older versions. My god this whole thing just looks really bad. Whoever was in charge of this design needs to seriously think about how discord is meant to feel (not whatever the heck this is) and what the users like and dont like about the current one instead of just needlessly changing stuff they want to be different.
Please sign in to leave a comment.