Now, Discord released a new chat UI, which I think is completely and utterly horrible to look at and is 100% unnecessary. But there's a 1 or 2 things I do like.
- Timestamps. The timestamps that appear are very helpful and should have been there from the get go.
- Chat highlighting. This is one of my biggest problems. I absolutely hate that the message backgrounds goes a darker grey and could spell problems for people with eye issues.
- Reaction bar. Far too big and far too much in the way. 100% unnecessary.
- No divider line. This helped keep the chat organised and truly indicated who sent what. Chat looks so messy without it.
- Inconsistent spacing. The spacing all out of wack, for me at least. It's far too unorganised.
- The new "NEW MESSAGES" bar. I actually don't like the new one. Hasn't got the same factor the previous one had.
All in all, this update is bad, and would love the old design back, except with the timestamps staying in place. Hope it's reverted ASAP.
Please sign in to leave a comment.