So after some testing, here's what I've figured out about Discord not scrolling down:
- New messages at the bottom of the screen are supposed to push old messages up, but this doesn't happen with messages posted by Mudae, the waifu bot.
- When I type a command for Mudae, the bot reacts, but Mudae's message appears below the bottom of my screen. I have to scroll down to see it.
- This happens with both plain text posts and image posts by Mudae.
- If Mudae edits its most recent post, my chat window immediately scrolls back up so that the post is off-screen again.
- If Mudae edits an older post, my chat window scrolls up by a number of pixels equal to the height of the post.
- This happens to me even when Discord is in focus.
- In only happens for Mudae and its associated bot Mudabutler. Not for Pokecord, and not for other bots, and not for messages by normal users.
- Several other people on my server are experiencing the same problem, but not everyone.
- It doesn't happen on my laptop, just my desktop. I just updated Discord on both computers and it didn't change the behavior of either one. Both computers are running Windows 10.
- I typically have multiple monitors on my desktop computer, but I tested and confirmed that this still happens even with only one monitor plugged in.
- It doesn't happen in the web browser version of discord, just the standalone desktop app.
This is a different problem from Discord not scrolling down when it's not in focus, which other people have reported. It's in focus for me. This happens when I typed a command to the bot and pressed enter less than a tenth of a second ago.
Please sign in to leave a comment.