Although this may be out the scope of the Discord Platform entirely, personally, we have decided to use Discord as a Business communication platform which has become the form of CMS where work is uploaded, discussed and where meetings take place. Utilizing all the tools discord has to offer has really become not only a money saver, but perfect for our online business and structure itself.
Would there be any considerations to create a business version of Discord that can extend Roles with Sub Roles of individual team members if ever Discord were to branch out further. Alongside calendar integration that would work flawlessly. With Discord's vast API and Bot Developer community, this could extend for more innovative ways in which discord can function for businesses too. From a complete innovative and technological perspective, this could give great potential to allow discord to be used in many variety of ways away from gaming to shed light on more possibilities including those who wish to use Discord for working means, and with the rise of remote working environments due to unprecedented events like COVID-19, these type of technologies are essential for not only our gaming lives but work lives too.
I have noticed a few posts similar to this, however I thought I would keep the subject rolling as I believe it is a viable direction Discord could branch into. I understand Discord is made primarily for the gaming spectrum, however as businesses continually expand and invest, it would seem like a logical position to think about in the future, allowing them to compete with other major competitors, ultimately increasing innovation entirely.
Possible Discord Business Features
- Business Premium - Membership for businesses by a 5 User/month basis.
- Business UI based Layout - Take out the gaming aspects and use a more clean official look.
- Sub-Roles - Much like the current Role system but branched out to individual roles for team members.
- Calendars & Calendar notifications - Connected to channels the Team are assigned to.
- Discord Notes - A form of personal DM system to log notes information and more.
- Business Discord Collaboration - integrate partnered businesses by interconnecting discord servers for more efficient collaboration.
- Sub Channels - Channels could be added into folders where more channels appear for better workflow structure when in team-based environments.
Being a web-based application there can be endless possibilities with the technology, of course its time and money, but isn't everything? I thought I'd shed some creative ideas that could possibly be expanded by the community. I myself love Discord and use it for all my communications, from general chatter, gaming and part of my business. It'll be interesting to see other people's perspective on this post.
All of this just came to my mind, my enthusiasm and creative mindset probably got the better of myself, but hey, you don't ask, you don't get. A lot of ideas and products form from inspiration from others, especially in this crazy advanced modern world we live in today.
If you think this is a bad idea, I respect that, and understand why it could be, but doesn't hurt suggesting does it!
Please sign in to leave a comment.