I have a Surface Pro tablet running Windows 10 and the Discord desktop application. If, at any point, I switch to tablet mode and open the OSK, after leaving tablet mode and re-attaching a keyboard, the space reserved for the OSK does not go away until I restart Discord:
- Use a tablet with a detachable physical keyboard running Windows 10.
- Open the Discord Windows App
- Detach the physical keyboard and enter Tablet mode in Windows 10
- Tap on the message area, which will shrink the available space in the Discord app and show the On-Screen Keyboard
- Dismiss the On-Screen Keyboard (either tap away from the message area, send a message, etc.)
- Reattach the physical keyboard and exit Tablet mode in Windows 10
- Click on the message area with a pointing device such as a mouse
- The gray area above used to offset the Discord app for the OSK becomes visible and does not go away.
- While the gray area above is visible, if your mouse pointer is over the gray area, using the scroll wheel can scroll the Discord App UI down to refill the screen, but clicking on the message area again will bring it back.
- This also affects the Settings UI and all other parts of the app:
- Here is an example of the same tablet in Tablet Mode with the OSK visible:
This occurs every time for me. Once it appears, the only workaround is to shut down and restart Discord.
Discord Version info:
Please sign in to leave a comment.