Discord app for pc
- Personal Opinion
- First of all why does discord promote downloading the native app on windows.
- i mean its built on electron , fancy way of saying chrome tab but its an exe.
- its almost impossbile to run a heavy game , a music app and mouse software with discord without running out of 8 gb of ram.
- not to mention poor memory leak issues it took me 3 mins in the performance tab in inspect to find.
- atleast ur promoting ur native app on win , build it using dotnet core/ c# or c++ ,
or even java if ur into running on mac and win
- i get it electron is convient iv worked with it but its performace is really terrible at the user end from teams to discord , electron apps are really bad in performance ,
the only exception i can find is vs code and vs which were built ground up largely without external code or libraries.
for 7 billion net worth discord app looks like something ud expect from a much less funded company.
i mean react native is mobile app is fine at best performance dips are common.
but jus dont use electron is my only request , best platform to develop , worst platform to use as a user
i have a better time at running team speak or similar apps with being in guilds that have both team speak , and discord servers.
also hands down best api and documentation iv seen in a while for a chat app
im on discord linux on i3, i checked my stats and the ram usage is still only 2 GB, could the windows and the linux versions have entirely separate builds? i don't see the excessive ram usage part on my end bc im typing this on chromium.0
Windows has an extremely high overhead. Their OS alone is over 30 Gig, where as Linux is only about 1 Gig. The issue could be with Windows itself and their OS, not necessarily Discord.0
Please sign in to leave a comment.