- Personal Opinion
- First of all why does discord promote downloading the native app on windows.
- i mean its built on electron , fancy way of saying chrome tab but its an exe.
- its almost impossbile to run a heavy game , a music app and mouse software with discord without running out of 8 gb of ram.
- not to mention poor memory leak issues it took me 3 mins in the performance tab in inspect to find.
- atleast ur promoting ur native app on win , build it using dotnet core/ c# or c++ ,
or even java if ur into running on mac and win
- i get it electron is convient iv worked with it but its performace is really terrible at the user end from teams to discord , electron apps are really bad in performance ,
the only exception i can find is vs code and vs which were built ground up largely without external code or libraries.
for 7 billion net worth discord app looks like something ud expect from a much less funded company.
i mean react native is mobile app is fine at best performance dips are common.
but jus dont use electron is my only request , best platform to develop , worst platform to use as a user
i have a better time at running team speak or similar apps with being in guilds that have both team speak , and discord servers.
also hands down best api and documentation iv seen in a while for a chat app
Please sign in to leave a comment.