The new Discord Events feature is very cool and great for activity in discord servers. Just a couple of things could make it even better:
1. Save past events that we have already hosted. This way, if a user wants to re-host the same event, they don't need to type again the description, title, and thumbnail of that same event. This is similar to just an app that remembers your order for takeout/delivery so that you can re-order it.
2. If an event is scheduled x minutes in advance, add a feature that posts a reminder on a specific channel that this event is about to start in x minutes. You can adjust the frequency of these reminders and choose the x.
3. Allow recurrent scheduling of an event. Just like any calendar system, if an event is recurrent, you can provide the frequency, date, and time.
4. A way to notify specific roles in the server of the event like a ping but different from here or everyone tags so that the mute everyone does not apply. In this way, a person can mute notifications from a server but not mute Events if they wish to do so.
5. Another way to notify users of an event without pinging them is to put a star on the discord server icon or make it flash if an event is active or about to start. I know that currently we have a small icon but that's not noticeable.
Please sign in to leave a comment.