I get it. Bringing the Android app in-line with the iOS app lets features roll out more quickly. I'm not a techy person but that much makes sense.
Unfortunately, I would much rather wait an extra six months for new features on the Android version than have to continue using this update.
I use Discord mobile a lot. Here are some of the worst flaws with this update:
- Emotes are broken. I have to press an emote four times for it to actually appear in the text box. Emotes have no spaces between them like they used to, so everything is squished and ugly.
- Notifications: call notifications don't go away even after answering the call; message notifications have formed a union and sometimes simply refuse to work.
- The different text sizes across the app are... simply terrible.
- In a call, having everyone's profile pictures stretched and distorted to create a background image is unnecessary and unsightly.
- Changing voice detection sensitivity in a call makes my voice extremely quiet.
- Having to go into a user's profile to mute them locally is inconvenient!
- Everything is slow and clunky. The old version was butter; the new version is coconut husk exfoliating body rub (expired). This update looks and feels worse across the board.
Please revert this change and send this version through much stricter quality control before re-release!
Please sign in to leave a comment.