I am running a discord server for a game engine & recently we got access to the forum feature.
So far I've setup 4 forum channels & the members have started getting used to them, however every now & then a member will post in the wrong forum channel - usually because they can't be bothered to read the forum channel summary or the pinned read me thread. It would be really useful if admins & moderators were allowed to move posts into other forum channels.
Some other features I would like to see are:
- Replace the uncollapsed followed forum threads & regular channel threads with some kind of icon to notify us that we have unread posts in followed threads (optionally with a dynamic number to show us we have x unread total posts in x followed threads), as I find the uncollapsed thread list so messy & it hurts my OCD brain - I'm sure plenty of other people feel the same way.
- ability to lock threads or set permissions per thread (admin & moderators only). Currently I believe it just archives the thread if you lock it.
- bullet points in forum replies & regular channels (seems to only currently be possible in initial post by adding a - at the beginning of a new line).
- ability to prevent people from adding additional reactions, currently if you prevent people from adding reactions it also hides the default reaction too unless a moderator or admin +1s it.
I think that's it, though I have a feeling I'm forgetting something, oh well...
* edit: Actually, I just remembered that admins & moderators have access to the active threads popup. Something like that would be perfect, but instead of all active threads it just shows you active threads you are following that have unread messages in them.
Please sign in to leave a comment.