- This is an experiment at this time, and not everyone has access to this option in their app! Stay tuned for more details in the future though!
- Additionally, in-app refunds are not available on mobile at this time.
We're experimenting with a way for people to be able to request refunds within the browser or desktop version of the Discord app as long as your purchase meets our refund policy.
How do I request a refund through the app?
1. If you are a part of the experiment, log into your Discord account on the browser or desktop version of our app! Then you can access in-app refunds in User Settings > Billing.
2. Below "Issues with your purchase?", you will see a "Refund" button.
- ✅ If a purchase is eligible for a refund, the "Refund" button will look like so:
- ⛔️ If a purchase is not eligible for a refund, the "Refund" button will be grayed out and you will see why we cannot refund that purchase:
3. Once you click the "Refund" button, you will see a modal prompting you to "Select a reason for the refund" and text informing you of our refund policy.
4. You will have to click on the dropdown menu and select a reason. Possible reasons include:
- Bought a gift I didn’t use
- Changed my mind
- Bought it by mistake
- Forgot to cancel
- Had a problem using Boosts
- Wasn’t what I expected
- Want to switch Nitro plans
- Don’t need it anymore
- Something else
5. Lastly, press "Submit" to confirm your refund request
How Do I Know if My Refund was Successful?
If the refund is successfully processed, the modal will close, sending you back to the Billing tab and the purchase refunded will have a green tag that says "REFUNDED".
What if I see an Error?
If there is an error and the refund is not successfully processed, a "Something went wrong" message will appear and you will need to contact our support team for further assistance.