What is DashRadio Bot?
Dash Radio’s all original ad-free curated stations have everything you need to easily set any mood in your Discord Server while offering your community the best and quickest music experience. With a community of over 450+ personalities across 80+ stations featuring the biggest DJs and artists, Dash is the largest all-original premium digital audio broadcast platform in the world.
With no need to sign-up for an account or tediously put together a playlist and repeatedly queue up songs, simply choose a station that fits your mood and begin to start listening- the music is live and always on.
What does this article cover?
- DashRadio Bot Genre Offerings
- What Does the DashRadio Bot Do?
- Frequently Asked Questions
DashRadio Bot Genre Offerings:
Insomniac Radio, Snoop Dogg’s Cadillacc Music and DoggyStyle, YG Presents, Monstercat Radio, and many more.
What Does the DashRadio Bot Do?
The DashRadio Bot gives you free music non-stop 24/7 without ever having to create a playlist. Select any station (choose from over 80+ premium stations) or browse genres, and instantly play Dash Radio’s hand curated stations on command in your server’s voice channel(s).
How to Add the Bot to Your Server
Add DashRadio Bot to your server by clicking here: http://dashrad.io/.
How to Enable/Disable the DashRadio Bot
- First, join your server’s voice channel, then jump into the associated text channel to control the DashRadio Bot with the commands listed below.
- If you switch from one voice channel to another in the same server and send a command to the DashRadio Bot, it will leave the previous channel and play in the current voice channel.
|@DashRadio play or !play||Play (defaults to your last played station)|
|@DashRadio play <station name | number> or !play <station name | number>
E.g. !play Dash X
|Play a specific station|
|@DashRadio shuffle or !shuffle||Play a random station|
|@DashRadio stop or !stop||Stop playback|
|@DashRadio featured or !featured||Get a list of our featured stations|
|@DashRadio genres or !genres||Get a list of available genres|
@DashRadio list <genre> or !<genre>
|Get a list of available stations in a genre|
|@dashradio Np or !np||Find out what song is now playing and get lyrics (shows the current song, artist and station)|
|@DashRadio app or !app||Listen on our app/website|
Command Extras & Controls
Engage the DashRadio bot in one of two ways:
- Tag @DashRadio +<command> or with exclamation prefix !+<command>
To bring up the full list of commands use @DashRadio commands or !commands
Use the Genres command to get a better view of your selection:
- Tag @DashRadio +Genres or !Genres to bring up a list of all of Dash’s available musical genres to choose from.
View the station lineup, station number and description for each station within a genre using commands @DashRadio <genre> or !genre e.g. !rock, !pop, !electronic etc.
Other Important Commands
- Command DashRadio bot to play a specific station using the full station name or the station number. E.g. !play 37 or @Dash Radio play 37
- See what is currently playing with the Now Playing command. View song title, artist and station name using @DashRadio np or !np
- Get the full Dash Radio experience: to switch over to using the Dash Radio official app or website, simply use command @DashRadio app or !app
If you're the server owner or have administrator permissions in the server, you can also limit who can start and stop a playback by following these steps below!
- Create a role, as described here
- Add the members who should be allowed to DJ to your roll, as described here
- Enable DJOnly Mode:
- To activate, write this command: !settings djonly on <role name> E.g. !settings djonly on Dash DJ
- Disable DJOnly Mode:
- To deactivate, write this command: !settings djonly off
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I skip a song?
A: In short, no. Dash Radio’s stations are live radio stations with hand-picked curated songs and shows that don’t allow for skipping a specific song. If you would like to listen to something else, we recommend you switch over to another Dash Radio station for a new vibe.
Q: What is the difference between DashRadio Bot and other music bots or services?
A: Dash Radio’s 80+ stations are curated by world class DJ’s, superstar guest hosts, and top personalities in every genre. Unlike other services, you don’t need to search for a song or build a playlist- simply select a station in the genre or mood you’re feeling and instantly set the vibe. Discover new music you don’t know and reminisce on songs you had forgotten about, just like listening to the radio (except without all those annoying ads, Dash is 100% commercial-free). Using Dash Radio does not require signing in and is available to users for free!
Q: Can I make custom commands for DashRadio Bot?
A: No, we do not allow custom commands to the DashRadio Bot, but feel free to send us a request!
Q: Is DashRadio a 24/7 bot?
Q: How do I restrict DashRadio Bot from joining a voice channel?
A: To block Dash Radio Bot from joining a specific voice channel:
- Go to your Discord Server Settings > Roles.
- Find the role that belongs to DashRadio Bot.
- Turn OFF the Administrator permission for DashRadio Bot.
- Turn ON Read Text Channels & See Voice Channels, Send Messages, Embed Links, Connect and Speak Permissions.
- Go to the voice channel you want to restrict Dash Radio Bot from connecting to.
- Click Edit channel > Permissions > DashRadio Bot Role.
- Turn OFF the "Connect" permission for the DashRadio Bot role. Save.
Note: To blacklist multiple channels, just repeat steps 5 to 7 separately with all the voice channels you wish to blacklist.
Q: How do I change DashRadio’s Nickname?
A: Right-click on DashRadio Bot > Change Nickname > Save.
Q: What is the Dash Radio Discord Server for?
A: Dash Radio is part of a growing and diverse music community! We boast our over 450+ hosts and shows and Dash Radio’s Discord server is the place our hosts, artists, guests, curators, listeners and friends connect and collaborate.
- See info on the latest new Dash Radio features and announcements
- Catch up on music and industry news
- Join creator conversations
- Discover and share new music
- Weigh in on music related debates and trivia
- Submit music for feedback
- Win contests and giveaways
Q: What if I have more questions about the bot?
A: The team in the Dash Radio’s Discord server would be more than happy to help any other questions that aren't answered above! Join the server by clicking here!