What does this article cover?
- What is Chess in the Park?
- How do I join Discord Games Lab?
- Discord Games Lab Server FAQ
What is Chess in the Park?
Chess in the Park is the second Channel Game that we've developed in-house, following the release of Poker Night on our official, public Discord Games Lab server.
How to start a Chess in the Park game?
To start a Chess Game, follow these steps below!
- Join a voice channel
- Once joined, you should see a button below the voice connected area that has a rocket ship.
- Click the rocket ship icon to "Start an Activity"
- Then select "Chess in the Park" in the following menu
- Join a voice channel
- Once you've authorized Chess in the Park to access your account, you can begin playing with anyone on the Discord Games Lab server.
- Limit of 2 players per chess game (but with an unlimited number of spectators).
- Limit of 2 “open” games can be created per person (open meaning games that are waiting for another player to join).
How do I join Discord Games Lab?
To join the server, press on this link here!
Since the game is still an experimental experience, we’re looking to hear feedback directly from our users so you’ll see Discord devs in there pretty frequently!
Discord Games Lab Server FAQ
- Q: Why is Discord adding games into voice channels?
- A: We started Discord because we are all about bringing people together around gaming. As Discord has grown, we've seen more and more people use Discord to come together around games. For instance, we’ve seen people use Discord to not only play League but also to hang out and play more casual, social games with friends like Jackbox and Among Us.
- Q: Is there an age requirement?
- A: There is no age requirement for Chess in the Park, However, you must be at least 18 years old to play Poker Night.
- Q: How do I play?
- A: To start a game, first join one of the Chess voice channels. Once there, you should see a button below the voice connected area that has a rocket ship. Click this to "start an activity" and then select "Chess in the Park.”
- Q: Where can I report bugs and problems with the game?
- A: Check out our #bugs-and-issues channel in the Discord Games Lab server and make sure to follow the format to report any issues.
- Q: Can I give feedback on Chess in the Park?
- A: Absolutely, we would love to hear what you have to say about the game, etc. You can post in the #feedback channel in the Discord Games Lab server
- Q: How do I view/delete my Discord activities data?
- A: You can view or delete your data in Activities on this website.
- Note: Deleting your data will remove all of your progression across all Discord-developed activities.
- Q: My question isn't listed, what do I do?
- A: If you have game feedback, use #feedback. If you have bugs or issues, use #bugs-and-issues.
- If all is lost, please submit a ticket to our support team at https://dis.gd/contact