On Discord, phone numbers are used to help with login and verification for anti-abuse purposes. However, there may be situations in which you have to remove and change the phone number under your account. This article will help you remove the phone number under your account.
What this article covers:
Before you begin the process of removing a phone number, you must make sure of the following first:
- Make sure you are logging into your account that has the phone number you want to remove.
- If you are changing a phone number on your account, make sure to keep in mind the guidelines on this Help Center article to avoid Invalid Phone Number errors.
Only one number can be connected to an account and there is a timeout period on a phone number once it is removed.
Remove a Phone Number
1. Log into your account with the phone number you want to remove.
2. Press on the User Settings cog wheel
3. Go to the My Account page from the left-hand column > Press Remove by the phone number.
4. Follow the prompts to remove the phone number.
Remove a Phone Number on an Accidental Account
A rare instance can happen in which you accidentally create a Discord account using your phone number if it is not currently connected to your original account. If you want to remove your phone number from the accidental account, the best way to do so is to log into that account:
1. Open an incognito browser window.
2. Enter your phone number instead of an email address at the login screen.
3. Press Forgot Password.
4. Follow the instructions of the next page and provide the info from the SMS to change your password.
5. Log into your account.
6. Click on the cog icon to go to User Settings > My Account.
7. Add an email address that is not associated with any Discord account and then verify it.
8. Go back to the My Account page, press on Remove next to your Phone Number.
Huh, this looks familiar...
9. At this point you can also press on Delete Account if you wish to delete this account.
Note: If you receive an error message or SMS that begins with, "An existing Discord account is already using this number," please closely follow the steps above.
Still Having Issues?
If you're having an issue with removing your phone number from your account, you can reach out to our Support team for further assistance at this link.