First - I realize that there were issues with self-botting in the past. However, a reasonable level of integration should be expected with other services.
Recently, I've started encountering an issue that's severely limited my ability to use Discord. Unlike almost every other application I use, I can't have my Discord notifications read out or responded to. This means that having conversations with friends while I'm walking, for example, is significantly harder as I can't ask anything to automatically respond.
Now, here's some things to keep in mind:
- Don't bring back self-botting. This would not go well, we've seen it in the past.
- Don't make this available to everyone. This would lead to many of the same problems as self-botting.
- Don't limit it to Nitro users. That breaks the whole point.
Now here's what you should do.
- Manual verification process for services. This allows an integration with the Google Assistant, Siri, perhaps even IFTTT.
- Send and reply to messages, as well as get user data. This means I can do, say, "message Jake raid starts at 2pm" and, using a list of IDs stored by the service, get the member and send the message.
- Heavy ratelimiting for user accounts. Maybe 5 messages in a minute?
- Other than that, decent API access. Perhaps even expanding the API to include Go Live's. For example, I could, in a Google Assistant scenario, say, "Hey Google, start a Go Live", and it would then ask me for the server and channel details.