Discord has a lot of amazing bots, but some can also be a threat of hacking, leaking data or spamming.
- Try to prevent adding a lot of bots in server (That also unknown)
- If a bot contacts you and its unknown then block it! (If the bot is popular and verified then its safe)
- If a bot sends you suspicious links which you dont know about then block the bot and report it immediately
- Is a bot asking you for your information like email and phone number ? Dont give the information cause that information will go directly to the bot developer.
- When you are inviting a bot in your server then check the permissions and REMOVE ADMINISTRATOR cause that could risk your server, maybe the discord bot is just trying to add malware in your server so if the bot has administrator access then it will be very easy for the bot to add malware in the server
- Just DONT invite any bot without researching about it first
- Just think have you ever seen any popular server having random discord bots, they are popular and the bots have nice votes right? So dont add random bots and check the bots comment and all or you can also add a comment which will help other people in choosing the bot :)
I hope it helps you :) !