Please do note everything I write here should've been available to all platforms, not only on PC client, as forums is completely unusable on android platform based from my experience.
Forum & Thread
1. Locking and Archiving should do separate function. Locking should be disabling roles without manage messages permission to reply without making it disappear or archived.
2. Followed and active threads and forum posts should be displayed as a short, descriptive numerical status below the channel name, rather than showing a tree of followed threads and posts. Even in PC client this is so annoying and confusing when there is a lot of those being active, even more so in mobile client.
Example for threads, following 2 threads where there is 3 active threads in #general will shows 3 Active Threads - 2 Followed below the channel's name.
For forums, the same case should be 3 Active Posts - 2 Followed.
3. Now that Forum posts is also considered threads, remove this Active Threads button and make threads using the same behavior like forums instead, which displays # of active threads under its channel name (like no. 2). Using this button when significant amount of threads and forums being active practically render it completely useless, even more with the fact there is no search function there.
4. Editing sent post/replies in archived post/thread should be available at all times. Now we need to un-archive, edit it, then lock/archive it back. For communities that uses thread in a dedicated informational text channel, this is infuriating.
1. Archived threads should be shown in the Threads list at all times. Right now, it is completely random, sometimes it shown up, sometimes it is not. I don't know what triggers this behavior.
2. Mentioned threads should always be linked, without the need to open the channel it corresponds to. Right now, sometimes the threads shows as #deleted-channel despite when we edits it, it still shows as a link.
Before Opening #guild-board
After Opening #guild-board
How it looks when we edit broken thread link
1. Forums, as of now, is 100% unusable in Android platform when configured to require tags because there is no way to set tags in the mobile apps. I don't know about the iOS, but the android makes me angry because some users reports they can't create post on mobile, I don't even know what is the problem since other users is doing fine, until I knew I can't post anything using my phone even as a server owner.
Whenever I tried it on android with such settings, it always gives me error a bad network request has occurred while also showing you don't have permission to send in this channel which making it more confusing. Also, in android, it shows as creating a thread, instead of a forum post.
2. Make re-ordering tags possible. Right now, admin/moderators need to completely redoing all tags if they already forgot the most important tags (i.e. rules or guide) for the forum.
3. Forum needs more than 1 pinned post. I hope it will have at least 3 (three). Forums for broad topics basically needs several post to describe how-to, rules, etc.
4. Forum needs to display 3 sections to separate pinned, followed, and other posts. Even more better when combined with Thread and Forum improvement no. 2, making it much more easier to navigate.
5. Forum guidelines is not formatted correctly on mobile. Formatting it on PC, basically making mobile users confused. Even the quote formatting is broken on PC, despite there is a button to use it in channel's config.
How it looks on PC
How it looks on mobile
6. Forum post formatting is completely different between the android and PC client!
In PC (and every aspect inside Discord), using double asterisk (**) will make it bold, but in android, it is completely broken because a single asterisk (*) is considered a bullet.
Posting in PC and opening it in android making it completely weird and unreadable.
How it looks on PC
How it looks on Android
That's it, for now. Thank you.