The degree to which creating/designing a new Discord server relies on using a mouse to navigate the interface is rather cumbersome. I find myself switching from keyboard to mouse and back throughout every step, and it takes forever to accomplish because of this.
There are some keyboard hotkeys and other keyboard-oriented options that to me feel obvious that should've been default features but which Discord lacks. I hope that any of these ideas might make it to production some day!!
- Stock shortcut or custom keybind option to Edit the currently selected Channel.
Currently: Right click->Edit or hover and click Edit gear icon.
- Stock shortcut or custom keybind option to Rename the currently selected Channel.
Currently: Cannot do without opening full Channel Settings window.
- Ability to Rename a channel directly in the navigation sidebar (Think like renaming a file in File Explorer or Finder) - No pop up window at all.
Currently: Cannot do without opening the full settings window.
- In Edit Channel menu - Ctrl+S to SAVE CHANGES instead of clicking the button.
Currently: Can only click Save using your mouse.
- The ability to Rename a channel using command line syntax, NOT the UI
Currently: I am not aware of any commands that allow you to rename an existing channel from the text input box - You have to use the UI.
- The ability to Mute A User and Unmute A User with command line inputs by using their Discord user tag/name, NOT from the UI.
Currently: Must use UI / mouse to select a user to mute them.
I believe all of these feature additions would make Discord more admin-friendly and also more accessible for people who cannot use mice or pointer inputs! All Hail the Keyboard Navigation Shortcuts!
댓글을 남기려면 로그인하세요.