So perhaps discord can implement a verification process in which would help figure out who is 18+. This feature will give anyone who is proven to be 18+ a badge that will let other users know they are an adult, but it will not tell their exact age. This could also be better than having individual discord servers deal with this on their own, because we all know people have trust issues with strangers in an online server.
Options in how it can be done by discord staff:
- User may have to provide valid ID, and discord must have trusted staff dedicated to handling these processes.
- Users may have to provide a college ID card or driver's license.
- Users may have to answer a set of questions to prove their age or ID.
- Users may have to provide links to social media to help prove their age. If this does not help in proving the user's age, the other options above may be considered.
Those who have been age verified will:
- receive a badge on their profile that proves they are 18+. It will likely say "Verified Adult."
- be unrestricted from NSFW channels and content by default.
- be allowed to switch the privacy setting from "Keep me safe" to "My friends are nice" or "I live on the edge."
Those who refuse to verify or are found to be underage will:
- not receive a badge on their profile that proves they are 18+.
- be denied access to NSFW channels or content.
- be denied the ability to change their privacy settings from "Keep me safe."
- have any explicit images or links sent to them via DM blocked by a bot. (This also means anyone who is of age will have NSFW images or links blocked by a bot if the receiver of the message is not age verified.)
U moet u aanmelden om een opmerking te plaatsen.