I see a lot of feedback suggestions from 2/3 years ago about this topic, and I think they are still relevant today. I've compiled some cases that I think are important to consider:
- Communities that are PG, <18, or Professional may want to disable custom statuses server-wide.
- Large Communities who use Custom Statuses for communication (who is currently playing a game for example) don't have a way to censor user statuses and target abuse of the feature.
- Communities whose focus are primarily gaming don't want to see politically motivated messages even though that might be appropriate in other servers.
- Users may not want to see what their friends are thinking 24/7. It can be distracting, obnoxious, and even part of the reason why they choose NOT to use Discord more often.
- Administrators want more tools to fight scamming, advertisement, and TOS violations and current moderation tools don't support status searching/censorship (they have to build their own tools to find and kick people)
Users need a way to disable custom statuses, whether it be individual people like a 'hide' button or as a general enable/disable button found in the privacy settings menu. Removing that friend is not a good solution.
Communities need a way to enable/disable custom statuses such that their rules can't easily be violated by a user. Kicking the user is not a good solution.
Administrators need tools to help them moderate custom statuses so they won't be forced to become technical or use community-made solutions for a problem not implemented by the community.
My suggestion is to provide users with the option to 'Mute' other user custom statuses as well as enable/disable custom statuses altogether, communities Should be able to Enable/Disable the ability to show the current custom status of a user/role in permissions, and Administrators should be given an automod integration to report users with inappropriate custom statuses and the option to either set a custom permission to disable that users' ability to show their custom status or kick them outright.
Zaloguj się, aby dodać komentarz.