As Discord communities grow, it is important that the server is supported properly by moderation teams and are providing safe environments for their community.
In order to support this goal, we have Server Member Caps to help ensure that Discord users have a great experience, and that server owners and their moderator teams are receiving the support they need to foster healthy communities.
If your server is approaching its member size limit, you’ll need to send in a request to our team to grow past 500k members! At that point, we will review your server and decide whether your server qualifies for a server member cap increase.
What this article covers:
How to Submit A Request
In order to submit a Server Member Cap increase, you must be the Server Owner.
1. To submit a request, you’ll need to start by heading to our support portal at https://support.discord.com.
2. Tap on Submit a Request in the upper right hand corner to begin the submission process.
3. At this page under “What can we help you with?”, you’ll need to select Help & Support.
4. You’ll then see a couple of new text fields to select pop up. Under “Type of question?” select Server Related Requests and then under Server Related Requests select “Server Member Cap Increase Request”.
5.You will now need to fill out the application with all the necessary information in order for our team to review including:
- Server name
- Server ID (i.e., 123456789987654321)
- Select what you’d like your cap to be increased to (you must be within 10,000 members of the limit to request an increase.
Lastly, when you have finished filling out this information, you can tap on Submit and the application will be sent to the Discord team to review further.
Criteria for Increasing the Member Cap
A server must meet the following criteria in order for our team to review whether the member cap to be increased:
- Your server must be within 10,000 members of needing a server cap increase
- An active moderator team, as well as rules and guidelines
- Properly gated age-restricted channels if age-restricted content is allowed on the server
- No ongoing Trust and Safety issues, such as unresolved warnings for Terms of Service or Community Guidelines violations or frequent reports
- A new member retention rate of more than 10%