I really like the new Nitro Server Boost feature!
However, there are some issues that come to mind which I think need to be fixed.
1. Putting the important notice about 1 boost per person at the very top or remove the whole "boost one server at a time" portion. I assumed that once the 7-day cool down was finished, I could go and boost another server when in reality I can't. What is the 7-day cool down for anyways? It really should be removed as someone else had mentioned, since there's no reason for it. Maybe a 24-hour cool down would be better. That way, people can have multiple boosts like I assumed. (Although depending on the one month or one year Nitro. If one month, then cool down should be 24-hour while one year could remain 7-day cool down.)
2. I also think that whole Server Boost fuel is ridiculous.
"If the server is running low on Server Boost fuel and loses a Level, the server will be able to keep Level perks for a grace period of 3 days. However after the 3 days, perks such as the server banner and extra emojis will not be fully removed the server, but will become temporarily invalid until the Level is regained. On the other hand, the custom vanity URL will be lost and become available to other servers after 3 days."
Excuse me, but what?
I think that once either Level 1, 2, or 3 have been achieved, all of the perks should remain, despite the "fuel" running low or being empty. All of that work to adding a GIF icon for the server, adding the emojis, finding a good banner, making a custom URL gone in a "grace period of 3 days" is absolutely ridiculous.
I'm starting to regret even boosting my server knowing that when the fuel is running low to eventually being empty, everything that I have put into my server is gone. I can definitely say for myself that I would not be too happy about all of that hard work to be lost.
3. Rewording the whole server invite customization via Server Boost. When I first read that perk, I immediately thought that the following invite link would be customized:
(Self-promotion at its best.)
I was hoping to see this image on that link:
But no, in order to see the new background, you have to put the invite link in a web browser (mine looks like this):
I believe both mobile/desktop and browser server invites should have a customized background, that way, both sides are happy. (I know I will be.)
4. The Nitro Boost badge should stay even when Nitro subscription/Server Boost fuel is empty. (Since this is a new feature and I still have my Nitro while typing this, I'm assuming that once the fuel is gone and/or my Nitro subscription is over, the Nitro Boost badge will go too.) When Nitro/Server Boost is over, maybe have the little info about the badge say, "Nitro Boosted [insert server name] on [date that the boost was given]". So other users know who aren't in the server see that a user has boosted a server before and possibly boost another server (if/when they get Nitro again).
While Nitro/Server Boost is in motion the badge could say, "Nitro boosting [server name] since [date of boosting the server]".
Improving Nitro Server Boost with my suggestions, along with others', would make this new feature even more enjoyable by all users, including myself.
Now that I have gotten all of that out of the way, I did want to suggest that having GIF profile pictures should be available to everyone, Nitro or Non-Nitro users.
I also think that GIF emojis should be available to all users in a server, also whether they have Nitro or not. There's no point to add them if everyone can't use them. Of course, this would be server only. When users want to use those GIF emojis outside of the server, that's when Nitro could come in. (Along with keeping the feature of Nitro to use all emojis from every server a user is in.)
I think tweaking these things would improve Discord entirely for old users and new users alike.
Hopefully, despite this post being long, will get a lot of up votes. (If that's what it's called.)
Nitro Server Boosting needs some fixing, such as:
1. Rewording/moving important notice of the 1 boost per person. Removing 7-day cool down to possibly 24-hour cool down instead for one month Nitro users. 7-day cool down remains for one year Nitro users.
2. Server Boost fuel is ridiculous. Once Level 1, 2, or 3 have been achieved, all perks should remain despite running low or empty fuel. Therefore, removing "grace period of 3 days".
3. Server invite background rewording and redoing. Maybe even have mobile/desktop and browser server invites have a customized background.
4. Nitro Boost badge should stay despite running low fuel, empty fuel, and/or Nitro ending. Little message/info should change depending on conditions such as getting/boosting a server via Nitro and losing Server Boost fuel/Nitro subscription ending.
Changing around some perks between Nitro users and Non-Nitro users such as GIF profile pictures and emojis. Nitro users can use GIF emojis outside of server while Non-Nitro users can have GIF profile pictures no matter what while using GIF emojis inside of server.
Thanks for reading the long version and the TL;DR one if you did! nwn
Войдите в службу, чтобы оставить комментарий.