These new changes are not only absolute garbage, they're absolute disgrace to designing in general
I honestly want to know who thought this was a good idea, because anyone with even a basic sense for app design would see how awful this is.
- The popup bar for when you hover on messages is really, really obnoxiously visible and gets a lot of the attention, making it incredibly annoying. Also it makes me notice a design trend of "show top 3 most used emotes for reaction" in the app and I don't comprehend why is it a thing. It's a small amount and I can see little use of it, and it too takes away too much attention just to save up one click. But I'm sure someone likes it, so I suggest just making it a toggleable option (which, come to think of it, I could say about many design changes in general)
- Highlighting is a neat concept but shows to be way too obnoxious too, especially on big messages or images. Maybe make it barely visible or even better, option to turn it off entirely.
- WHERE ARE THE DIVIDE LINES? This is probably the most stupid change in all of this. They existed for a reason. Now, the blocks look bulky and hurt to look at, and no, the option to change text spacing does not fix it.
- New divide line for New messages is obnoxiously red and doesn't go away.
- Also even with the option to edit spacing, something just looks incredibly wrong now, be it from how close last message is now to the input box, or because of the lacking divide lines, either way it now feels bad no matter how I toy with the settings. It hurts.
- Few other stuff that I am sure others have pointed out
This is overall really just bad to look at and feels like it could be easily avoided. Discord design overall feels like it started really taking steps back ever since the new Light mode, and this is now really a bad step. If this won't get reversed ASAP, Discord could easily start losing the trust and support they got over the years.
I could not agree more. Seriously this hurts my head
Please Discord change it back to how it was19
God I agree with you so hard, like, this is even worse for people with bad visual processing then the old one was, It genuinely made it impossible for me to focus on what my friends were saying20
Oh and I only have light aspergers, imagine the suffering people with bigger attention affecting disabilities have to suffer through
The fact they didn't update Light theme after getting complaints regarding people with color blindness or other eye issues makes me worried that this will not get fixed either, Discord reliability is on some thin ice right now8
i have both adhd and autism, so this is kind like... reading hell incarnate. the ui was fine before7
I lose all attention when something immediately pops up/is bright like that, it's very frustrating when I'm trying to have a conversation with someone.6
So I'm not the only one who feels like the bottom part feels too cramped now, though can't put my finger on what exactly changed with that.3
I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said but this
>Discord design overall feels like it started really taking steps back ever since the new Light mode
is the most important part imo
Whatever new management or new UI programmers got hired or shuffled around at that time need to seriously re-think their priorities and take a moment to think about what WE want.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!4
It really is annoying, I have multiple monitors so I always have an eye out for notifications, and that bar of most used emotes popping everytime my mouse hovers over the chat is incredibly annoying, especially since it "moves" on every line when passing by.1
Yorum yazmak için lütfen oturum açın.