Partnered servers are at the forefront of Discord. We want our Partnered servers to be welcoming to all users, whether they are complete newcomers to Discord or expert users and longtime community members. As some of the best communities out there, we look to our partners to provide a positive place for people to come together around their shared love of games.
As a part of the Discord community, always remember to conduct yourself in a responsible manner and treat others the way you’d like to be treated. Whether you’re on-stream, chatting in a server, or showing off the profile badge you’ve earned, your actions are a reflection on Discord itself.
Failure to uphold these standards will lead to a warning. If action is not taken on the reported content within 48 hours, we will take additional action, including the removal of partnership status. Any further violations of the Partner Code of Conduct may also result in partnership being removed from your account and/or the server.
The following code of conduct outlines our requirements for Partners and Partnered servers:
Behavior & Engagement With Users
- As mentioned above, Partnered servers should be an example of the best communities that Discord has to offer. What that means is that we have a higher standard for the conversation and moderation of those servers. The following is prohibited in partnered servers:
- Discriminatory jokes and language, hate speech (which calls out a group by their age, race, gender), etc.
- Displaying offensive, derogatory, or sexually explicit content.
- Verbal abuse, insults, or threats towards others.
- Advocating for or encouraging any of the above behavior.
- As a Partner, always keep in mind how your statements may be perceived by others. Even if you intend some words as a joke, there may be new users to Discord that do not see it as such.
- This does not mean we will revoke Partnership if a single user says something offensive in your server. We understand the challenges of moderating big servers -- especially ones that have users that are from all over the world. However, we do expect you to build a moderation team who will take action on issues within a reasonable timeframe. Having no moderation or claiming the server is too big to moderate is unacceptable.
- As a Discord Partner and effectively a face of the Discord community, your behavior may reflect on Discord. You should be on good behavior on the Discord platform, across other social media platforms, and in real life. If we are made aware of situations where you are representing Discord poorly by, for example, violating other platforms Terms of Service or acting in a manner that is unbecoming of a Discord Partner, we may rescind the Partner status.
NSFW Content within a Partnered Server
- NSFW content can be somewhat subjective. Broadly, we consider content that includes discussions of nudity, sexuality, and violence to fall under NSFW content, and all such content should be in a properly marked channel.
- Explicit pornographic content does not have a place in partnered servers. This includes videos, gifs, or still images depicting explicit sexual actions, whether real or illustrated. The Discord Partners Program is designed to highlight awesome communities and content creators, not pornography.
- If the content does not display pornographic content, sexual acts, or nudity, it will be allowed as long as it is contained within an NSFW channel.
Server Purpose and Repurposed Servers
- Servers are Partnered based on the content that they have when they apply, as well as for the expected content and community that they will have in the future. That means that we expect your server will continue to be about the subject that you applied for, and not something else.
- If you (the partner) are a content creator, your server should be centered around your content. Switching to a community based server will void your partnership and require you to reapply. If you are a community, your server’s focus should be the content that you applied for Partnership under. Switching or repurposing the server from its original purpose will void your partnership.
- If you (the partner) transfer ownership of a partnered server to another user, you are also transferring the partner perks to them. This means you will lose access to the partner Discord server, the partner badge and any other perks. You must remain owner of a server in order to maintain partnership.
- If you (the partner) deletes your server for whatever reason, you will be unable to transfer perks and will lose partnership. You can reapply for partnership, but will have to meet the partnership requirements.
- Selling a Partnered Server is prohibited, if you are reported or found in violation of this, you will lose partnership.
Content Creation and Inactivity
- Content creators are expected to be creating original content. Copying and/or plagiarizing another party’s content will result in removal from the partner program. If a content creator ceases to be active (they no longer use Discord, is inactive on their server, or doesn’t make content for a period of three months) the partnered server may lose its status.
- If a community server ceases to be active (no longer uses Discord or communicates for a period of 3 months), switches their content or community, owner of the server leaves the moderator team, a subreddit becomes no longer affiliated, the partnered server may lose its status.
- We want our Partnered servers to be a good reflection of active Discord communities and users — we understand that sometimes you have life events and/or you might not check in every day, If there’s something that’ll prevent you from being around for a while, let us know and we’ll work it out.
This is a living document, and we may update it as Discord changes and our expectations for our Partners change. We'll set aside some time for discussion to talk over any changes, and we'll make sure we update you all when we do make updates.
As a part of the Discord Community, always remember to conduct yourself in a responsible manner and treat others the way you’d like to be treated. As a Partner, we want to ensure that you are a shining example of the best parts of the platform and a prime example that other users should strive to be. Be the awesome you want to see in the world.