When I'm trying to focus on a conversation, I often find the list of servers distracting as they're all often bright colours. Also in the Friends list, seeing three vertical columns of randomly-coloured icons is often overwhelming for me.
The saturation slider in Accessibility settings that currently exists helps a little bit, but I was disappointed to notice that it doesn't affect the server list and/or avatars too.
Some settings like the following would be very helpful:
- An option to make the server icons and avatars monochrome
- Perhaps there could be individual toggles for server icons and avatars, in case some people like seeing one set of icons in colour?
- In addition, possibly also reducing the brightness to prevent any remaining white features of icons standing out?
- Collapsing the server list
- Could add a keyboard shortcut to toggle this too? (not so sure about a button, as there's a lot of those already)