One of the fancy perks of partnership and reaching the highest tier of Server Boosting is being able to assign a custom URL invite to your server! You can find the option to do so in your Server Settings > Vanity URL tab.
You can enter in any words, phrase, or numbers to create a unique link to your server alone!
Read this section below before creating your vanity URL!
- Something important to keep in mind is that anyone can use this link to join your server, and this vanity URL makes your server publicly available to anyone who uses this link.
- As such, the vanity URL requires your server to have at least one text channel with the Read Messages permission enabled for the @everyone role.
- If you don't, then the invite link window will give you an "Already Claimed" error, regardless of whether or not another server has claimed the link.
- Also, keep in mind that we may take back/remove vanity URLs if we discover abuse or if there's an intellectual property conflict.
How to Assign a Vanity URL
If you are a partner or have reached the highest tier of Server Boosting and you want to create a vanity URL (after reading all the important info and rules above), you can follow these steps below to get that set up!
Step 1: Make sure you have a text channel with the Read Messages permission enabled for the @everyone role.
- Vanity URLs bring the user to the first channel on the channel list where @everyone has access to!
- If you want new member to see a specific channel first when they join, move that text channel to the top of the channel listing (and make sure that the @everyone role has the Read Messages permissions)!
To set up those role permissions, you'll need to click into your Channel Settings by clicking the cog icon right beside the desired text channel (in your channel list). You can also right-click the text channel and select Edit Channel!
Then select Permissions on the left side bar, and then enable the Read Messages permissions for the @everyone role!
Step 2: Head into the Vanity URL tab to set up the custom invite link!
Once your channel permissions are set up, you can now head over to your Server Settings (by clicking on your Server Name and clicking on Server Settings in the dropdown menu).
Once you're in your Server Settings, click on the Vanity URL tab on the left side bar.
In this Vanity URL tab, you'll be able to type your desired invite link into the Invite URL text box!
And when you're sure you are ready to share this link with the rest of the world, make sure to press Save Changes.
And now, you're ready to go and share your Vanity URL link with everyone else!