One of the fancy perks of partnership and reaching the highest tier of Server Boosting is being able to assign a custom URL invite to your server! You can find the option to do so in your Server Settings > Custom Invite Link.
You can enter in any words, phrase, or numbers to create a unique link to your server alone!
Read this section below before creating your Custom Invite Link!
- Something important to keep in mind is that anyone can use this link to join your server, and this custom invite link makes your server publicly available to anyone who uses this link.
- As such, the custom invite link requires your server to have at least one text channel with the Read Messages permission enabled for the @everyone role.
- If you don't, then the invite link window will give you an "Already Claimed" error, regardless of whether or not another server has claimed the link.
- Also, keep in mind that we may take back/remove custom invite links if we discover abuse or if there's an intellectual property conflict.
How to Assign a Custom Invite link
If you are a partner or have reached the highest tier of Server Boosting and you want to create a custom URL (after reading all the important info and rules above), you can follow these steps below to get that set up!
Step 1: Make sure you have a text channel with the View Channel permission enabled for the @everyone role.
- Custom invite links bring the user to the first channel on the channel list where @everyone has access to!
- If you want new member to see a specific channel first when they join, move that text channel to the top of the channel listing (and make sure that the @everyone role has the View Channel permissions)!
To set up those role permissions, you need to go into that text channel’s Channel Settings by pressing the cog wheel next to the channel’s name. You can also right-click on the text channel name to select Edit Channel from the dropdown menu.
Choose Permissions on the left side bar, select the @everyone role, and then enable the View Channel permission by pressing the green checkmark.
Note: If you want everyone to see the channel but not send any messages, make sure to disable the Send Messages permission for the @everyone role by pressing the red “X”.
We recommend reviewing all the permissions for this channel since this will be the first channel new members of the server will see.
Step 2: Head into the Custom Invite Link tab to set up the unique link!
Once your channel permissions are set up, you can now head over to your Server Settings (by clicking on your Server Name and clicking on Server Settings in the dropdown menu).
Once you're in your Server Settings, click on the Custom Invite Link tab on the left side bar.
In this Custom Invite Link tab, you'll be able to type your desired invite link into the Invite URL text box!
And when you're sure you are ready to share this link with the rest of the world, make sure to press Save Changes.
And now, you're ready to go and share your custom invite link with everyone else!