Super Reactions is currently in Beta and only available to a subset of Discord servers.
Sometimes an emoji is worth a thousand words. Instead of typing out your response to the age-old coffee vs. tea debate, you can react to the post with an emoji and let people know what's up.
What does this article cover?
- What are Reactions?
- What are Super Reactions?
- Can I see who reacted with what emojis to a message?
- Can I remove Reaction/Super Reactions?
What are Reactions?
Reactions on Discord allow you express your reaction to a message with an emoji.
If you want to learn more about emojis on Discord, check out this article.
Just press the little Add Reaction plus smiley-face icon next to the edit message menu icon to pull up your emoji menu to deal your best reaction.
Wanna add more than one reaction to a message? The same Add Reaction plus smiley-face icon will show up next to the last emoji reaction, where you can add all the different types of fire you can think of:
There are a few more tips and tricks you can use to become an emoji-reacting-expert. Check them out:
- After bringing up the Add Reaction page, hold shift and left-click on multiple emojis to react with all those selected emojis!
- Right-click the message you want to react to or hover over the message and press on the ellipses to open up the menu, and Quick React with one of your more commonly used emojis at the top, or select a specific emoji in the Add Reaction tab:
What are Super Reactions?
Want to take your reactions to the next level? Would you like to react to a message with an emoji and apply it with emphasis? You can with Super Reactions!
A Super Reaction adds a random animation when you react to a message with your chosen emoji. Super Reactions are great for when you want to add a little more hype, emotion, and intensity to your reaction!
To use a Super Reaction, you can right-click on the message you want to super react to and choose Add Super Reaction or hover over the message and select the Super Reaction dashing smiley face icon or the ellipses icon next to the Edit Message pencil icon to utilize a Super Reaction.
If there are reactions to a message already or if you want to add a different Super Reaction to a message, you can press the Super Reaction dashing smiley face icon that appears next to the existing reactions when you hover over the reactions.
When selecting an emoji from your Emoji Picker for a Super Reaction, the edges of your Emoji Picker window will be glowing and there will be a counter at the top of the Emoji Picker window with the number of Super Reactions you have left available to you. This all indicates that you are choosing a Super Reaction for a message instead of a Reaction.
Super Reactions is available to some Nitro and Nitro Basic subscribers! Learn more in the section below.
How many reactions does my Nitro/Nitro Basic subscription allow?
Everyone can see Super Reactions! To use Super Reactions, you must be a Nitro or Nitro Basic subscriber.
Depending if you are a Nitro, Nitro Basic, or Nitro Classic subscriber, you get a certain number of Super Reactions per week. Here’s a chart based on your subscription:
|Nitro||5 Super Reactions per week|
|Nitro Basic||2 Super Reactions per week|
2 Super Reactions per week
Your Super Reactions are consumed every time you use a Super Reaction and when you add to an already existing Super Reaction.
You can see the number of Super Reactions you have left under your account for a week in the following ways:
- After selecting the Add Super Reaction icon, your Emoji Picker will have a counter at the top that indicates how many Super Reactions you have left.
- By hovering over an emoji with a Super Reaction applied.
- When selecting Add Super Reaction from the menu when you right-click on a message or press on the ellipses icon when hovering over a message.
How do I disable Super Reaction animations?
If you would like to turn off the Super Reaction animations, you’ll need to disable the Play Animated Emoji setting. Here’s where to find that setting:
1. Go to your account’s User Settings.
2. Go to the Accessibility page.
3. Navigate down the page to the Play Animated Emoji option and use the toggle to enable and disable the Super Reactions animations.
Can I see who reacted with what emojis to a message?
You can right-click on a message or press on the ellipses icon of a message to open the menu and see the View Reactions tab. This nifty little menu will let you view who reacted and super reacted with what emoji:
Can I remove Reaction/Super Reactions?
If you want to take a Reaction back, just click on the box with the emoji of the reaction you sent, and it'll disappear.
You can also open the View Reactions tab from the menu when you right-click on a message or the ellipses icon and select the X next to your username under the emoji of the Reaction.
In that same View Reactions window, you can remove your Super Reaction by selecting the X next to your username under the emoji with the Super Reaction.