If you ever want to take a break away from Discord, instead of permanently deleting your account, you can disable the account until you're ready to come back.
What does this article cover?
- What is the difference between disabling and deleting your account?
- How do I disable my account?
- How do I restore my account?
What is the difference between disabling and deleting your account?
- Disabling your account means your account is put on hold. You can reactivate it by logging in and following the prompts.
- When you disable an account you will no longer receive any @notifications through the email address associated to your Discord account. However, you can still get friend requests. Any friend requests that you receive while your account is disabled will be waiting for you when you re-enable your account.
- However, if you choose to delete your account, the account will be scheduled to be permanently deleted. Once an account is deleted, it is irreversible!
Note: Keep in mind that disabled accounts that are inactive for 2 years or more may be deleted, so if you want to keep yours, you’ll need to reactivate your disabled account (but you can disable it again after this if you like). You can learn more about inactive account deletions here.
What is a Disabled Account?
What is a Deleted Account?
How do I disable my account?
1. If you'd like to disable your account via desktop, head over to your User Settings by pressing the cog wheel next to your username.
2. You will be taken to the My Account tab.
3. Select Disable Account (under Account Removal).
Once you have selected the Disable Account button, please follow the prompts to complete the process.
Note: Before you are able to disable your account, you will have to transfer ownership of all servers that you own.
1. If you’d like to disable your account via iOS, navigate to your User Settings by swiping right on your iOS device and pressing your user avatar in the bottom right corner. Then select Account.
2. Once you are in the Account tab, press on Disable Account and follow the prompts to complete the process.
1. Similarly, if you’d like to disable your account via Android, navigate to your User Settings by swiping right on your Android device and pressing your user avatar in the bottom right corner. Select Account.
2. Then, select Disable Account to initiate the prompts to follow.
How do I restore my account?
If you want to come back to Discord, you can login using the email address and previous password associated with your account.
Afterwards, a prompt will appear to let you know that you cannot use the account while it’s disabled. All you have to do is select Restore Account and your account will become active again!
Disabling your account will let you come back to Discord whenever you’d like. Whenever you’d like to come back to Discord, your servers, friends, and more will be there waiting for you.