On my server I have the account verification set to maximum (having a verified phone in the Discord account), however that does not prevent fake accounts from entering.
The way I detect that it is a fake account is as follows:
• The fake account uses a generic name.
• They were created exactly 2 weeks ago or less.
• They don't have any profile pictures.
• They do not have any social network linked to their profile.
• They never speak on the servers and they never appear online.
So I came up with a new level of account verification: having a profile picture and having at least one social network linked to the account. In this way, fake accounts (self-bots) on the servers are avoided.
Please sign in to leave a comment.