If you're unable to reach our voice servers, you may find yourself sitting and staring at an error state instead of talking to your friends like you planned. Here are a few quick tips to try and solve these issues!
There are a few different errors you'll see if you're failing to connect to voice, and they can be grouped into two categories based on their causes: something on your end, or something on our end.
Types of errors
These errors generally mean there’s something interfering with the connection on your end -- like a firewall or possibly a VPN.
- ICE Checking
- No Route
- RTC Connecting
Let's get connected
Here are the steps we recommend to resolve the above errors:
- Restart your Modem+Router+Computer - You'd be surprised how often the "turn it off and turn it back on again" trick works.
- Check with your internet service provider and make sure there are no outages in your area.
- Check your Firewall/Antivirus and make sure that Discord is whitelisted/temporarily disabled
- Check your VPN (Discord only works on VPNs that have UDP)
- Check with your network admin - If you're on a work/school network, Discord could be blocked!
- Change the voice region - If you're the admin, temporarily switch to try a different voice region in Voice Channel Settings > Overview > Region Override.
- You're also able to change a voice region in private voice calls
- Head over to https://test.webrtc.org/ and see if any errors pop up.
If all of that doesn't work, we’ll need you to contact our support team. When you do, we need two pieces of information submitted with your ticket:
- Screenshot of your Console: join the voice channel or voice call you’re getting an error in, then press Ctrl+Shift+i to bring up your Developer Tools, and then click the Console tab.
- Screenshot of your results in step #8 while at https://test.webrtc.org/
ERRORS FROM OUR SIDE
- Awaiting Endpoint: This will show up in rare cases, so you shouldn’t see this occurring unless we’re having trouble with one of our servers. If you’re stuck here, it means there are generally broad service issues that can cause calls to be stuck in this perma-waiting room.
Lastly, if you’re still stuck on any of the above connection states - or may be stuck on one that isn’t listed above - please contact our support team so we can get you back to talking to your friends.