If your direct message was unable to be sent, you will receive an error message from Clyde that states the following:
Your message could not be delivered. This is usually because you don't share a server with the recipient or the recipient is only accepting direct messages from friends.
Clyde’s message will look something like this:
There can be a few reasons why you are unable to send a direct message to someone.
Possible Reasons for This Error
If you are running into issues while sending your direct message, here are the possibilities you may be encountering:
- You don't share a server with the recipient.
- You've disabled direct messages on your shared server.
- You have not completed the required membership screening steps in your shared server.
- The recipient is only accepting direct messages from friends.
- You were blocked by the recipient.