We're excited to announce Server Subscriptions for communities on Discord!
What this article covers:
- What is Server Subscription?
- How can I subscribe to a Server Subscription in a server?
- How do I manage or cancel my Server Subscription with a server?
- Can I ask for a refund for my Server Subscription?
- Why can’t my server enable Server Subscription?
WHAT IS A SERVER SUBSCRIPTION?
A Server Subscription is a monthly subscription to a server that helps support the communities and creators that run them. At the discretion of the creator/admin of the server, membership can be divided up into tiers and each tier may have unique pricing and perks.
Creators/server admins provide the premium membership. They are responsible for creating the tiers and their descriptions, and they also provide the subscriptions themselves and any associated content or other perks. Please read the tier descriptions carefully to make sure you understand what exactly you are buying.
Because these are a recurring subscription, you’ll be charged monthly until you cancel the subscription (which you can do any time from the Premium section in User Settings).
If you are unhappy with your Server Subscription, contact the creator/server admin directly. If that doesn’t resolve your issue, you can request a refund as described below.
If you experience technical issues that prevent you from accessing your Server Subscription, reach out to us at dis.gd/billing and choose Server Subscription under Type of billing issue.
HOW CAN I SUBSCRIBE TO A SERVER SUBSCRIPTION IN A SERVER?
- In the server you would like to have a Server Subscription, you can press on "Server Subscription" at the top of the server's channel list.
- An in-app landing page will appear and you can see the different Server Subscription subscription tiers, their prices, and the perks included in each tier. Read the descriptions to make sure you know what you’re buying!
- Choose a tier then follow the instructions to pick a payment method and complete purchase.
- And that's it! A welcome message will be presented, detailing the perks you have with the Server Subscription tier you purchased.
HOW DO I MANAGE OR CANCEL MY SERVER SUBSCRIPTION WITH A SERVER?
- Press on the cog wheel next to your username at the bottom right corner of the client to open up User Settings.
- Select on Subscriptions in the left sidepanel.
- On this page, you should see your subscriptions, including memberships. Press on the Manage Membership button.
- The Server Subscription page will show your memberships across all servers as well as each memberships' costs and billing/renewal dates. Press on Cancel Subscription next to the membership you want to cancel and confirm your decision!
CAN I ASK FOR A REFUND FOR MY SERVER SUBSCRIPTION?
If you would like to refund a Server Subscription purchase, you must first reach out to the server owner.
You can also review our Refund Policy for refund eligibility criteria and instructions on requesting a refund.
WHY CAN’T MY SERVER ENABLE SERVER SUBSCRIPTIONS ?
For more information on Server Subscription eligibility, please see this link here!