Verified Servers on Discord are an indication that the server is the officially affiliated community of a business, brand, and figure of public interest. The Verification badge appears on the top left corner of a server.
In order to apply for a Verified server, you will need to have the following requirements at a minimum:
- The applicant must both be the owner of the server and an official representative of a business, brand, or figure of public interest.
- The applicant should authenticate any other relevant social accounts on their profile to help us verify the validity of the application.
- The applicant should use a formal email address related to the brand, business or entity. This will make it easier for us to understand that they hold an official position.
When evaluating Discord Servers to determine if they're in the public interest and meet our verification criteria, we also look for the following:
- Authentic: Your community server represents a registered business, brand or public figure of interest. For example, a great way to show this is having a formal email address.
- Original: Your server must be the unique presence of the person or business it represents. We will only verify one official server per business / brand, though a company may have multiple brands (e.g., game franchises). There may be some exceptions, such as language or region-specific servers.
- Recognizable: We look for well-known businesses, brands, or individuals with a strong following. We take into account your social media presence - we don't consider paid or promotional content as sources for review. Your official website is taken into account but not a requirement.
Final verification is at the sole discretion of Discord. If your server doesn't meet the criteria for a verification badge, there are other ways to let people know it's authentic. For example, you can share your server invite from your official website or Twitter account.
Loss of verified status
In accordance with the Discord's Terms of Service, Discord reserves the right to remove verification at any time. Reasons for removal may reflect behaviors on and off Discord that include:
- The server is inactive or is no longer supported.
- The server is transferred to a user who is not officially affiliated with the business, brand, or public interest figure.
- Promoting hate and/or violence against, or directly attacking or threatening other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or disease. Supporting organizations or individuals that promote the above.
- Inciting or engaging in harassment of others.
- Selling, or attempting to sell, a verified server.
- Violence and dangerous behavior
- Directly or indirectly threatening or encouraging any form of physical violence against an individual or any group of people, including threatening or promoting terrorism
- Violent, gruesome, shocking, or disturbing imagery
- Self-harm, suicide
- Engaging in activity on Discord that violates the Community Guidelines.