Looking to personalize your boosted server? For servers that have reached Boosting Level 2, you can implement Server Banners! And for servers at Boosting Level 3, you can get Animated Server Banners! Learn more about banners below.
What this article covers:
- Server Banners
- Animated Server Banners
- Banner Guidelines
- How to upload a banner for your server
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I get a banner for my server without boosting?
- How do I remove a banner from my Boosting Level 2/3 server?
- What's the recommended size for a server banner?
- What's the recommended size for an animated server banner?
- Can I upload both a static image and an animated image that our server uses depending on what Level/Plan we have?
- What happens to my animated banner if our server goes from Level 3 to Level 2?
Wan to learn more about Server Boosting? Check out this article!
When your server has reached Boosting Level 2, you can get an image displayed at the top of the channel list called the Server Banner!
The goal of this customizable image is to make your community feel more unique. It also helps users identify which server they’re visiting at a glance.
Animated Server Banner
If your server has reached Boosting Level 3, then you server gets access to an Animated Server Banner at the top of your channel list!
Here are some key animation behavior to keep in mind:
- The banner animates when the guild first loads for 5 seconds, then it pauses.
- If a user scrolls through the channel list, making the banner disappear, the banner will animate again for 5 seconds once the banner reappears.
- The banner will animate on hover (like an animated server icon).
- When reduced motion is active, the banner will not animate.
In order to dress your server for success, keep the following recommendations in mind when choosing a banner image.
1. Upload an image or GIF that’s at least 960x540 pixels in a 16:9 aspect ratio. Have a 1920x1080 image handy? Upload that and we’ll automatically resize it for you.
2. Keep the top 48px of the file fairly simple and free of any busy imagery. This way the title of your server will be easy to read for your community.
3. Avoid uploading an image or GIF with a logo or text in it.
4. Use an image or GIF that represents your game or brand. Key art, stills of a character, or subtle background art works well here. Here’s an example:
5. Success! Now you have a beautiful banner for your server.
How to upload a banner for your server
Server owners, and members whose role has the "manage server" or "administrator" permission will be able to upload/change the banner. Learn more about permissions here.
The banner can be set by going to Server Settings > Overview then scroll to the bottom of the page to find the section of Server Banner Background.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I get a banner for my server without purchasing a Boosting Level?
A: If you have a Discord Partner or Verified server, your server has access to the Server Banner perk without purchasing a Boosting Level.
Q: How do I remove a banner from my Boosting Level 2/3 server?
A: Go to the Server Settings > Overview then scroll to the bottom of the page and press Remove under the preview of the banner.
Q: What's the recommended size for a server banner?
The recommended size is for a server banner is 960x540 with an aspect ratio of 16:9. An image of 1920x1080 can be resized in our app when uploaded as a server banner.
Q: What's the recommended size for an animated server banner?
A: The recommended size is the same as our static server banner, 960x540 with an aspect ratio of 16:9.
Q: Can I upload both a static image and an animated image that our server uses depending on what Level/Plan we have?
No, you'll only be able to upload one image at this time that your server can use. However, if your server changes Levels, you can upload a new image for the server banner to display.
Q: What happens to my animated banner if our server goes from Level 3 to Level 2?
The banner will automatically become static using the same image.