What is a Server Banner?
This image displayed at the top of the channel list is called the Server Banner Background!
The goal of this customizable image is to make your community feel more unique. It also helps users identify which server they’re visiting at a glance.
The server banner can be set under Server Settings -> Overview.
In order to dress your server for success, we had the design team put together some guidelines for best results.
1. Upload an image that’s at least 960x540 pixels in a 16:9 aspect ratio. Have a 1920x1080 image handy? Upload that and we’ll automatically resize it for you.
2. Keep the top 48px of the image fairly simple and free of any busy imagery. This way the title of your server will be easy to read for your community.
3. Avoid uploading an image with a logo or text in it.
4. Use an image that represents your game or brand. Key art, stills of a character, or subtle background art works well here. Here’s an example:
5. Success! Now you have a beautiful banner for your server.
Server Invite Splash
Your Invite Splash Image is going to be set up in a very similar way. The image that you’re setting up here is what appears when using an invite link in a web browser.
You’ll find this option in Server Settings -> Overview.
This image is very simple! The main requirement is that the image size is 1920x1080. Like the banner, avoid using an image with a logo or text in it.
Toss that invite link into a web browser & check it out!