Note: Subscription Credit can only be used for desktop/browser subscriptions. It cannot be used on Google Play or iOS App Store subscriptions.
What does this article cover?
- What is Subscription Credit?
- How do I Activate my Subscription Credit?
- What Happens if I Cancel My Subscription?
- Need Further Help?
What is Subscription Credit?
Instead of gifted subscription time being automatically added onto your already existing subscription, gifted subscription time will become Subscription Credit!
When you activate your subscription credit, your subscription will renew at its usual renewal date, and subscription credit will be applied.
You will not be charged and you will receive an email confirming renewal at $0.
To view your Subscription Credit:
- Start by logging into your Discord account on the desktop or browser version of the app
- Head into your User Settings (by clicking on the cog icon in the bottom left corner)
- Then select the Subscriptions tab in the left side bar
What are the Limitations of Subscription Credit?
Subscription credit can only be consumed for redeeming matching Nitro subscription plans [Nitro > Nitro / Classic > Classic]!
If you have Nitro Classic Monthly subscription credits, you will deplete that subscription credit only while subscribed at the Nitro Classic Monthly subscription (not 9.99 Nitro).
These same rules apply if you have 9.99 Nitro subscription credits. In that instance, you can only deplete subscription credit if that’s the tier you’re currently subscribed to 9.99 Nitro (not Nitro Classic)!
How do I Activate my Subscription Credit?
When your current Nitro subscription has expired or is removed, the subscription credit for the gift will apply when you activate that matching subscription on the desktop/browser Discord app.
For example, if you currently have 9.99 Nitro Monthly Credit, you will need to activate a 9.99 Nitro Monthly subscription to use this subscription credit!
To activate the matching subscription:
- Start by heading to the Subscription tab, you'll need to press the Subscribe button for the matching subscription type for Discord Nitro or Nitro Classic.
- Then a new window will pop up where you will need to select the matching plan for the subscription.
- If your Discord account does not have your payment information, you'll be asked to fill out your payment details. (Note: You will not be charged unless the subscription renews)
- Once you've finished submitting that information, you'll then see a "Subscription Credit applied" message as you are reviewing the purchase details for activating the subscription
- After you confirm your activation, your subscription credit will then be activated!
What if I Already Have an Active Subscription?
If you already have an active Nitro/Nitro Classic subscription and you have a matching subscription credit, the Subscription Credit will be stored on your account to be automatically used when your subscription renews.
If you already have an active Server Boost subscription (not the boosts that come with your Nitro perks) and you sign up for a matching Nitro/Nitro Classic subscription, you won't automatically activate the subscription credit, and will instead be charged a prorated amount for the remaining time of that month's billing cycle. Your Subscription Credit, if it matches the subscription type, would be used the following month on the renewal date. This ensures you get the full benefit of the subscription credit!
What Happens if I Cancel My Subscription?
If you cancel your subscription and you don’t have any subscription credit, your subscription will end at the renewal date instead of billing you again.
But if your subscription is canceled and you do have subscription credit on your account, you will need to go through the process of making a purchase of that same Nitro plan as the subscription credit - but instead of being charged, Discord will utilize the subscription credit already associated with your account before charging your card for another months time.
Need Further Help?
If you have any further questions about Subscription Credits, please reach out to support through dis.gd/billing.
To receive help as quickly as possible, please make sure that you are using the email address that's associated with your Discord account.